Sunday, July 30, 2006

Dead Sea, Masada and more...

This first picture is a picture of us floating in the Dead Sea (pictures are out of order, we went to Masada in the morning and stopped over at Ein Gedi then this beach in the afternoon). I did not expect the floating effect at all. It was such an amazing experience. The sea is completely dead, unless some bacteria manage to survive in those conditions somehow. I got some water on my lip and tasted it, it was pretty gross. Another gross thing: a friend of mine told me not to pee because your private place starts burning like crazy. I didn't pee, but I have to admit, I was still a tad bit uncomfortable, uhh, down there. I can't explain it...errr... Anyway, in the background, you can kind of make out the mountains in Jordan. It was a gorgeous morning and I had a great time.

This is me atop the Masada. The hike up there was something else--I must be out of shape or something because I was literally the last person in my group to make it to the top. Even our armed bodyguard, Uzi, was ahead of me.
The sunrise over the Dead Sea--a view from the Masada. It was truly amazing.
Here's another view of the Masada.
And finally, a picture of Myself, Lars, and Matt. We took this at Aroma Cafe, a very popular HU hang out. They have salads, sandwiches, iced coffee, and other treats, as well as wireless internet. You can't really tell from this picture, but there is also heavy security there with a baracade going around the patio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home