Thursday, August 24, 2006

Karachi, Cairo

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry I have not posted in a while. I was in Pakistan for a wedding (will post pics soon) and now I am in Cairo, my home for the next four months. Cairo is beautiful (relatively) from what I have seen so far (I live smack-dab in the middle of Downtown Cairo--try sleeping in this mess, it's not fun) and the folks at AUC (American University in Cairo) are really nice and extremely helpful. I haven't had a chance to do much since I have been here. I arrived Tuesday morning but I have been feeling like crap, so, I have spent most of my time in bed. I went to the campus clinic this morning and the doc said I have a sinus and lung infection as well as a stomach infection and she prescribed me some antibiotics. It was definetly Karachi that did this to me. Although I love the place and its people, it is very unforgiving when it comes to pollution and bacteria. Then again, I am sure my immune system has taken some abuse from being in five different countries in one month. At any rate, I hope I get better soon, we are having our semester orientation session in Al-Gouna, a beach resort in the Sinai from Sept. 1st-3rd. (Classes start Sept. 5th) Tomorrow we will visit Old Cairo. I think I might start a Flickr site to post all of my pics, there are too many good ones and I would like to share them with you. I hope you are all healthy and having fun with whatever you are doing. I will try to post again soon.

Denise

1 Comments:

At 11:24 PM, Blogger --Lizz-- said...

I miss you :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home